Monday, November 8, 2021

Katie is back home

Katie has just recently got home from a three week stay in hospital. She developed pneumonia, sepsis and pleurisy. She's been very unwell which has meant that she has needed to have a various number of scans, oxygen, antibiotics, painkillers and a lot of rest. The first few weeks were the worst for her with talk of going to ITU/ICU due to the sepsis and the pneumonia which needed a lot of oxygen. It has been an extremely hard few weeks. She hasn't been able to sleep much due to the amount of things going on around her on the ward. The doctors, nurses and other hospital staff made sure Katie started getting better and they made her stay as comfortable as possible.  

https://sepsistrust.org/

I went to visit her in hospital to see how she was getting on. It was hard seeing her in hospital being that unwell but I knew she was in the best place for recovery. We made the most of the hour visiting slot she defiantly perked up a bit seeing me and it was nice to see her. The visit went so fast though which was difficult especially when it came to leaving Katie. I just wanted her to be out of the hospital as soon as possible. 

Katie finally got home, now she needs a few weeks/ months of rest to make sure she gets over the pneumonia. She is very tired and has no energy so there will be some early nights and lots of rest. She is gradually getting better day by day. There is still a long way to go before she feels like her normal self. It's such a relief that shes now home I've been worrying a lot. 

Shes been really strong, I'm not sure many people would be in this situation . Katie has shown me again that shes extremely brave. She never stops inspiring me even when shes going through the worst moments. She always gets through these hard situations and never gives up. She always puts others first which is so nice. Even when shes unwell she always talks to me and makes sure I'm okay, which I can't thank her enough for. I'm so proud of Katie her personality makes me love her even more each day. 

I visited her again last week it was such a nice feeling seeing her getting better at home. We cooked together for the first time it was a hilarious experience, we managed to cook some delicious fajitas. Seeing Katie smiling and laughing is one of the best feelings in the world. We had time to just chat and be in each others company. After such a hard few weeks it was so lovely to have time together doing things we enjoy.  


A few more blog posts will be appearing in the next few days so look out for them

All the best

Sam

x

p.s. Katie never give up you're my inspiration and I love you so much xxx💖💖💖