96 days to go..
The Dress
As most of you will understand, I’m limited to what I can say about my dress as Sam can read! But buying my dress was completely spontaneous and unplanned; I did not expect to buy it on the day or under the circumstances I did!
My mum was visiting for the day and which we were near an accessible wheelchair shop, so I popped in with her and my carer.
I had already had a quick look on the website prior to that day, so the lady in the shop picked out the dresses I had asked for, and then told me to choose another one to try on. My mum picked out a random one off of the shelf and I hated it. I said “it reminds me of nan’s net curtains”.
We went into the cubicle and I decided to try on that dress first because I knew (or thought I knew!) I’d hate it. As soon as I put it over my head - without even looking at it - I knew it was the perfect dress for me. It just felt right, and even being over 4 stone lighter since I got it, I still love looking at the photos! Again, being aware that Sam will read this, I also got some accessories too, and I wish I could put all of the photos on this blog post but I’m sticking to tradition and saving it until the big day!
Today I was supposed to have my final fitting for alterations. We drove to the seamstress and was hit with 2 deep steps (despite me telling them that I’m wheelchair bound), so I had to cancel it; first wedding hurdle hit! My carer (Sian) phoned around and spoke to a lady that does mobile visits, and so I am in the process of organising that!
(Thank you Penny for coming down and being prepared to come with me - I really appreciate it and I’m so sorry that it didn’t happen today. It was still lovely to see you as always!).
