Updates from Sam:
18/8/23
Here’s a quick update on Katie’s Eye operation:
Katie had surgery on her eyes today to correct a squint and correct double vision.
After a long wait due to a high number of operations at the hospital she successfully had the operation.
She is in a bit of pain in the eye region and is a bit sensitive to bright lights at the moment. She also has bad migraines at the moment. Katie is also a bit groggy and confused due to the general anaesthetic but that will wear off in the next 24 hours. Katie is now sleeping.
In the next few days we’ll see how much more improved Katie’s eyes have become. Hopefully, her eyes will be better.
Will keep you posted!
—————————-
19/8/23
Update on Katie:
Katie has been getting lots of sleep and since having the eye operation on Tuesday.
Her eyes are still very sore and tender. She’s having to wear a eye mask to protect her eyes. The light is being a big problem too. She’s still having headaches/ migraines.
The general anaesthetic has worn off however she’s getting a bit confused now and then.
Her eyes are slowly getting better, Katie has said which is good news.
I’m doing all I can to make sure she has all she needs and looking after her as much as I can.
—————————-
21/8/23
Update from Katie:
Thank you to everyone who has asked after me and after my eye surgery: it’s taken me longer to bounce back than I ever used to and am struggling physically and emotionally at the moment.
I’m hoping that my recovery speeds up and I start to (literally!) see the benefits of the operation in the coming days. The stitches in my eyeball are the most painful and I’m still suffering from headaches and dizziness, causing me to feel sick and uneasy.
I’m lucky to have such a loving, caring & patient husband to listen to my emotional outbursts and to comfort me when need be. Sam - I love you💙
We will update you as & when is needed.
Sending love to you all xxx
