Sunday, January 31, 2021

We’re back!


Hello everyone, I didn't think I'd be writing this blog post this quickly but I'm so glad I can. As you know I unfortunately caught Coronavirus and have been fighting off this dreadful virus. I'm so happy to say that I haven't got the virus anymore but want to explain what I went through.


I started feeling ill a few days after New Year’s Eve it began with what I thought was a common cold. I had a headache, started coughing and some food didn’t taste right. A day or so after I began feeling unwell I ordered a Coronavirus home test. Katie suggested to order one just to be on the safe side and the way I was feeling I definitely needed a test. My mum also developed symptoms around the same time as I did, we aren't sure how we caught the virus as we have followed all Coronavirus guidelines. While I waited for the test results I started getting really tired during the day and had begun sleeping more regularly. My mum found out she had a positive test result a few days before I did, so she began to self-isolate for ten days. It was such a scary moment finding that out. I then received a text and email with the positive test results on a few days later so I then began self-isolating for ten days. When I received the test result I got quite upset and was so worried about what would happen to me next. 


The isolation period was quite hard as I worried about my health throughout that time and couldn't do very much. Through the ten days I had a headache on and off, was coughing every day, and was extremely tired. As I neared the end of self-isolation my coughing had gradually stopped, but I still felt very tired. The day before I stopped self-isolating I had a phone call from NHS Track and Trace to tell me that I could stop self-isolating from the next day. They thanked me for isolating and asked if I had symptoms still. I said I was coughing still but only a few times a day, I was told I could still come out of self-isolation as a cough could stay for a few weeks afterwards. As I never had a high temperature throughout having the virus I was okay to stop self-isolating. It turned out that I was asymptomatic and only had the virus in a mild way. 

 

I had a lot of support from Katie, my family, friends and medical professionals. Katie really helped me through the virus she kept me thinking positively, calmed me down when I was upset and thinking about her kept me going. I know she was really scared and upset but she remained really strong. Thank you Katie you've been amazing through the last month I couldn't have done it without you, I love you so much💖. I'd like to thank my family and friends for their support even when they were really scared and worried for me but they kept positive and rang regularly to see how I was doing.

I would just like to say to everyone to follow all Coronavirus rules and to keep safe. This virus is very serious and can affect anyone from all walks of life. So many people have died and been affected in many different ways. I was lucky but other people may not be we all need to protect each other so please follow the rules "Stay home, Protect the NHS and Save lives", and soon this pandemic will be over. 

 

Thank you for all of your support. Katie and I will be back with lots more posts, competitions and giveaways.

All the best,

Sam xx