Sunday, February 12, 2023

90 days to go!

Another 10 days gone in the blink of an eye! Only 90 days to go.

Today I went out on my own with one of my carers and it’s got to the exciting point (although boring for everyone else!) where the wedding is on the brain! It’s all we talk about to make the day the perfect day I imagine. Lots of little things keep popping into my head that I need to do, but it’s those little bits that will make such a difference on the day..even things as small as how my tracheostomy will look!

Unfortunately, although being mentally happy helps your physical health, the wedding hasn’t ‘cured’ us. It is too cold and Sam is too tired to come out every time, and I am exhausted. My medication messes with my memory too, and I find it really difficult to get up in the morning most days. Today my carers also had to call the Paramedics, as I dislocated my shoulder and my jaw at the same time during my normal seizure. However, pain and stress are major triggers for my seizures and so the cycle begins of trying to get my pain under control before I went back into another seizure. If this is unsuccessful, the protocol is for 999 to be called, as happened today. However, I try to work around my illness and accept that I will have bad days, but it’ll be worth it on the end🤞🏼