Friday, March 12, 2021

An ‘interesting’ Q&A for eachother!

We have decided to make our blog a bit more ‘bloggy’ and have planned a few posts for you to get to know us both better; starting with this post. Below, we have wrote 10 questions each for eachother (which neither of us will have seen until this post is published!), and you’ll have to come back tomorrow to read how we both answered the other person’s questions - it may become interesting (and I can’t guarantee that I won’t end up in a stroppy mood!🙄😂). 

For our next post, we want YOU to ask us questions, which we plan to answer via a video post (virtually of course). All questions will be anonymous- even to us - so ask as much or as little as you please! The link to start asking these questions will be put up with our answers on this post tomorrow..so think about what you want to know about us, either individually or as a couple, about our ‘long-distance’ relationship, both being disabled, in a wheelchair, or just about our lives in general!


But for now, here are our questions..don’t forget to come back tomorrow for the answers!


Katie’s questions for Sam:


  1. What made you send the first message to me to start us talking? When I saw your photo I felt something really unexplainable. I then opened your profile and instantly fell in love with you. What I read was amazing. I knew then that I had to message you. So that’s what I did I messaged you and really hoped you’d reply. I was so happy when you replied. 
  2. Name something about me that was different to what you were expecting when we met in person for the 1st time? It was what you looked like, you looked even more beautiful in person than any photo I’d seen. I was really pleasantly surprised.
  3. What was the moment that you realised you wanted me to be your girlfriend? The moment I realised I wanted you to be my girlfriend was when we could just laugh together, when we could just tell each other anything, I felt so comfortable with you. I couldn’t hold back my feelings so that’s why I said I love you even before we got together.
  4. If you could change 1 thing about my physical appearance, what would it be? This question is the hardest one here because there isn’t anything I’d change about your physical appearance. So with that in mind I’d change nothing about your physical appearance.
  5. If you could change 1 thing about my personality, what would it be? I’d change how sarcastic you are, only because I’m so gullible and never realise that your joking with me. I fall for it every time. 
  6. What’s your favourite memory we’ve made together so far? One of my favourite memories we’ve made together has to be when I came to stay in Brighton for the weekend. We had a lovely time, you showed me some very cool places in Brighton like the i360 and Brighton Pier. I enjoyed our meal out and drinking session. It was nice spending the night together.
  7. What was your first impressions of my family when you met them in person? I was so scared at meeting your family due to the fact I thought I’d make a fool out of myself in front of them. My first impressions of your family were very good. I could see how much support you had behind you they all want you to be happy. They really made me feel welcome and I want to thank them for making me feel comfortable around them.
  8. If you could go back and change 1 thing in our relationship so far, what would it be? I would change how shy I was at the beginning and to have been more confident. This would be so I could explain my condition to you better and not to surprise you that I couldn’t do some things. Especially, as when we met for the first time I couldn’t hug you back and I hadn’t told you it was hard for me to hug. We’ve since found a way around that now, which makes me feel better.
  9. Name 1 thing about me/habit I have that you don’t like. I  don’t like the way you eat pizza, however it’s entertaining. You seem to like throwing it down yourself.
  10. What’s your favourite thing about me? There are so many things I love about you so choosing a favourite is so difficult. However, one of my favourite things about you is the strength you posses. You’ve shown me how strong you are when going through certain things. You always come out the other side of things stronger. I’d never be as strong as you are. 



Sam’s questions for Katie:

  1. Where have you always wanted to go on holiday? Paris (for Disneyland and the other cheesy things like a trip to the Eiffel Tower and the ‘Love Lock Bridge....but mainly Disneyland😂)
  2. Name something about me that was different to what you were expecting when we met in person for the 1st time? You refused to FaceTime me before we met, so I didn’t know the extent of your illness and to be honest it was a bit of a shock when I realised how progressed your illness is, and that the weakness that you have means you need a LOT more help with simple tasks than you told me..when you couldn’t give me a hug back straight away, or move much in your chair, I realised that your illness was much more severe than I imagined; which, as I said, was a shock and upset me at the same time as well, purely because I didn’t know the effect it would have on a ‘relationship’ if it was to progress to that. But I soon got used to it; learnt what you needed and I try to help with whatever my illness allows too, and it doesn’t (nor ever has) bother me that you need a straw with every drink, or sometimes need help with cutting up your food. That wasn’t really on my mind, but instead the person behind it..and here we are; 9 months later!
  3. What was your first impression of me? How shy you were, how reliant on others you (unfortunately but realistically are), how nervous you were, but the thought and energy you’d put into the little details of that day, which really showed how much I already meant to you, and that you were a really lovely, polite, innocent & thoughtful, inside and out. 
  4. When you were a child what did you want to grow up to be? I always had a bossy trait in me (mum - I blame you!), and I wanted to be a teacher for as long as I can remember. I only then got into law and wanting a legal career (barrister or solicitor) when I went to sixth form. 
  5. What’s your biggest achievement? I would probably have to say my A Level results, because the grades I achieved came from putting so much work in, despite being in and out of hospital and going through the worst time with my health. 
  6. What’s the most memorable thing we’ve done together so far? I’ll never forget our official ‘first date’ in Oxford, getting dressed up and you bringing me a rose etc. It was lovely to be made to feel so special and loved like never before. However there have been countless amount of times where we’ve just been together messing around and having a laugh..every day I spend with you we make new memories which I won’t ever forget. 
  7. What made you respond to my first message to you? BoredomLockdown boredom....No I’m joking. It was more the interest you showed in me and my life in your first message that made me realise that you must have read about me before messaging me and I couldn’t ignore or dismiss the effort you put into finding out more about me and my life, and still not being put off!
  8. If you could change 1 thing about my appearance, what would it be? ALL LONG-SLEEVED STRIPED POLO SHIRTS WOULD BE DESTROYED FOREVER. 
  9. If you could change 1 about my personality, what would it be? I’d make you less calm and more argumentative because you refuse any confrontation and sometimes I just want to release my anger and upset and for you to be annoyed and argue with me back. But your overly calm and relaxed nature will never be a bad trait really!
  10. What’s the thing you like the most about me? How much you love, support, care and think about me, every second of every day.